It’s been a while since I want to share this recipe with you. This is my favorite recipe for Chinese New Year Breakfast and Birthday too. It has a clean taste and I really like it. However, Since I am not a professional cook, I don’t really have an exact measurement Hihihi.
Somen noodle, boil and wash it with cold water
2 Chicken breast, diced
1 Drum Stick
4 cloves or garlic
2 ts minced ginger
5 tbs Chinese Cooking wine (try 3 tbs first and add it if you like more)
Soy sauce and salt to taste
15 Chinese Goji Berries, soaked and washed
10 small/ 6 large shiitake mushroom, soaked, washed, and squeezed lightly to get rid of the excess water.
10 Dry Chinese Lily Flower (Kim Cam), soaked, washed thoroughly (or else it will be sour) and get rid of the excess water
- Into a pot put cold water until it covers the chicken.
- Put in garlic, ginger, cooking wine and dash of soy sauce (add a little bit sugar if you like, but I think the sweetness from goji berries should be enough).
- Boil them for at least 30 mins (I like to boil it for over an hour in small heat :)). Then put the shiitake and goji berries in and boil it for another 10 mins. Before serving, put in the flower. Add water when you need to.
- For noodle, boil the water first and put in the noodle for 1-2 mins depending on the thickness of the noodle. Strain the noodle and wash it with cold water to prevent it sticking together.
- To serve, put the noodle and egg into the bowl, then pour the soup in. You can add more soy sauce if you feel it is too bland 🙂